Fans world-wide are waiting for the fifth Harry Potter book, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." The book is due to be released in the UK, Canada, Australia and the USA on 21st June 2003. The following information has been revealed:
The publishers have released two paragraphs from the book. The first is the very beginning:
"The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive. ... The only person left outside was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flowerbed outside number four"Source: "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"
The second paragraph is the lead up to some very important facts from Dumbledore:
"Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses. 'It is time,' he said, 'for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I'm going to tell you everything'"Source: "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"
J. K. Rowling, talking about writing the fifth book, said she has not suffered from writers block and decided to spend more time working on the book rather than continuing to publish one book per year:
"... I have to laugh when I read the bits about writers block because I don't think I've ever been blocked in my life!"Source: BBCi
- The book's title will be "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"
- The book will have 768 pages
- Once again there will be a new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, but this time it will be a woman
- The book will have a dark focus
- The book features a death J. K. Rowling did not enjoy writing
- Harry will go to places we have not yet seen
- Harry will find out a lot more about his past and his parents
- The book will feature more relationships ("boy and girl stuff" as J. K. Rowling told CBBC)
- We will see a lot of characters from previous books
- The Sorting Hat will have composed another song!
J. K. Rowling has created a glimpse of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" by creating a card containing 93 random words from the long awaited book. The card was autographed and sold at Auction to raise money for Book Aid International, which provides books for developing countries. The Auction House, Sotheby's of London, gave a small sample of the card, which was sold for several thousand pounds:
"Thirty-eight chapters ... might change ... longest volume ... Ron ... broom ... sacked ... house-elf ... new teacher ... dies ... sorry"Source: "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" teaser card
© Catch the Snitch 2003 - 2008